Population: 70,000 in the city proper; 140,000 in the greater metropolitan area.
- Four season climate, but low humidity and high elevation (7,000 ft) provide mild weather conditions throughout the year.
- Landscape dominated by San Francisco Peaks and Ponderosa Pine Forests
- Major industries in tourism, education, healthcare, government and transportation. Industrial parks in and around city.
- Active arts and cultural scene –museums, art walks, world-class symphony, community theater and music festivals.
- Pulliam Airport provides multiple flights to Phoenix each day.
Population: Population: 9,500.
- Temperate arid climate
- Crew change point for the BNSF Railway’s Southern Transcom route between Los Angeles and California. BNSF is one of the community’s major employers.
- Attractions near or in Winslow include La Posada Hotel (a former Harvey House); the Standin’ on the Corner Park, inspired by the Eagles pop tune “Take it Easy;” Meteor Crater and the Painted Desert
Population: Population: 7,200.
- Founded as a housing community for workers on the nearby Glen Canyon Dam and their families.
- Gateway to the Glen Canyon National Recreation Area and Lake Powell.
- Home to the Navajo Generating Station, one of the largest electrical generation units in the western United States.
- Featured in many films, from The Greatest Story Ever Told (1965) to John Carter (2012)